A Couple of Games (Curveball and Copter)

Blog Games

Monday, June 30, 2008

Blog Explaining My Storymabob

The blog that I just posted was my creative writing assessment for English. I have areal problem with writing short stories, as I have to get all my ideas into the story. In my assessment I wrote about half of it as a draft and then completed it on the computer, so I was just pretty much making the story up as I went along instead of publishing. We were only supposed to write about 300 words, but when our designated time to complete the assessment was up I had already written 600 words, and I had barely even started my story. Our teacher decided to be kind, and gave us the weekend to complete the story. So I sent it home and put it on my flash drive, so I complete it at my dad's house. But when I got to his house, I plugged in my flash drive and it wasn't there! I was in a state of panic and I didn't know what to do.

Come Monday morning, I was absolutely crapping myself (not literally) because I knew we would only be allowed about about 20 minutes to touch our stories up. I heard that our teacher was annoyed at Aleisha who had written 820 words, so I was worried. But I relaxed a little when I saw the Seamus had written literally about 20,000 words.

I went to the classroom next door to use the computers and refined my story. I typed up a quick ending, and I came up with a way to describe my story.

Long beginning, no middle, short end.

I also came up with a reason.

Ran out of space and time.

I was absolutely astonished when our teacher handed out the marks. I had got an Excellence! I was overjoyed and a little puzzled, when the teacher began "Luke-", but I cut her off and said "Long beginning, no middle, short end?". She nodded and continued handing out marks to other people.

No comments: