A Couple of Games (Curveball and Copter)

Blog Games

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Story thingamabob

Not again! I was sooo close! I can’t believe I took the jump wrong again, and this time I was further up in the air, and my arms were caught behind my back so I couldn’t brace myself. I would like to tell you that I had a realisation about life and death as I hurtle through the air with my bike tumbling after me, but to be honest my only thoughts were ‘Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!’ As I hit the ground there was an almighty ringing in my ears, and then I blacked out. The last thing I remember was my good mate Bill helping me into the ambulance, and the ever persisting pain in my back.

I was dreaming that I was the last man on Earth, wandering land and sea with no purpose. It was a lonely place, but I was at peace. I looked upon the blue haze floating above the hills. The city ruins are behind me, me the troubles of the past dwelling in my mind. I looked over to the nearest traffic light, and there sat a beautiful bird. I felt strangely drawn to the bird, and I had the strongest urge to talk to it. I called out but my voice trailed off into the distance. I tried to call to it again but no sound came out. I walked over to the traffic light to try and reach the bird; I just had to touch it! At that moment, the bird suddenly looked up and took flight. I felt myself slipping back into reality as I saw the magnificent creature soar away.

I woke up on a comfy bed, and everywhere smelt like disinfectant and sick people. I saw the nurse slowly approach my bedside. I could tell by the look on her face that the news wasn’t good. She told me that I had been paralysed from the neck down. At that moment, a flurry of emotions went through my mind. Shock, disbelief, anger, worry, fear. I couldn’t live like that. I live for adrenaline and high intensity activities. I couldn’t live my live lying on a bed all day doing nothing. If I can’t move there is no point in living. I had to end my life. As I faded from existence, I heard the perpetual beep of the monitor next to me turn into a long and dreary tone.

No comments: